Sony DVD Recorder RDR-HXD890 - SCART auto-detect

Redan

Novice Member
Hello - I've tried searching for a relevant thread, but no joy, and in my first attempt at this thread incorrectly named the recorder HDX890. Can't find a way to correct the error in the original, so re-posting with correct title.

I'm using a Sony DVD Recorder (incorporates a Freeview tuner), RDR-HXD890, connected via SCART to a Toshiba TV, 32ZP38B. The problem I have is that the TV is not automatically seeing the recorder when it outputs Freeview. The only connections I'm using are Line 3-TV (on recorder) to Ext1 (on TV). I've tried all obvious set-up options for the recorder, updated to ver 1.24 firmware and re-initialised the recorder.

The TV detects the recorder o/p when it loads/plays a DVD. I have used cheap Freeview boxes connected in the same way and the TV switches to their SCART i/p. It's a bit of a pain having to select Ext1 each time I switch-on the TV. Is this a problem with the Sony Recorder. I've tried contacting them by phone and e-mail, but it's proving hard-going.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom