sony dvd recorder rdr-hxd790 remote not working.

brookmins

Hi my parents "sony dvd recorder rdr-hxd790" remote is not working.

Thing's we've tried but not solved problem.
1.Tried new batteries
2. Tried resetting the codes

Also took the DVD player back to factory reset and now it's worse because can't set DVD up as no remote.

I've got a feeling my father was pressing buttons on the remote and maybe have knocked it off.settings

Gavtech

Administrator
Welcome to the forum.

When you say 'Tried resetting the codes' do you mean on the remote or on the machine?

The default code is Code 3. The remote will likely to have reset itself to Code 3 when the batteries were reinstalled. ( but that is not guaranteed if it was done quickly and previously set to a different code.)

The machine display gives an indication on the left side of the display if the wrong code is being sent - Either as '1' or '2'

If a '3' code is sent there is no display number indicated.

The remotes code can be changed by pushing Enter then the number of the code you wish to have and hold both buttons for three seconds.

Try code 3 first as likely since the machine has been reset, that is what is required.

If you want to functionally check that the remote is actually transmitting infra red, look at the output diode through a phone camera and you should be able to see the diode pulsing.

Last edited:

brookmins

Hi I tried the remote diode with the phone camera and I don't see any pulsing.

To make sure I was doing it correctly I tried it with with my TV remote and I saw a pulsing

So it looks like the DVD recorder remote is knackered?

Can you recommend anywhere I can get a DVD remote.

Last edited:

Gavtech

Administrator
To be absolutely sure that the remote is not functioning - try many buttons.

If you see nothing then yes - the remote is no good.
It is worth checking that the battery contacts are clean.

If no luck then have a look at ebay.

There are alternatives like this:Sony RDR-HXD890 Remote Control Replacement with 2 free Batteries | eBay

But originals or second hand originals may be available too if you search there.

brookmins

To be absolutely sure that the remote is not functioning - try many buttons.

If you see nothing then yes - the remote is no good.
It is worth checking that the battery contacts are clean.

If no luck then have a look at ebay.

There are alternatives like this:Sony RDR-HXD890 Remote Control Replacement with 2 free Batteries | eBay

But originals or second hand originals may be available too if you search there.
Tried pressing all the buttons & cleaned the contacts but no good it's definitely goosed .

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom