Sony DVD Recorder RDR-HX910 - How to get rid of the menus when recording a dvd?

F

FLM

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Sony RDR-HX910.

When I copy a film from the hard drive to a new dvd, once the copy is finished and finalised, it will display a menu whenever I put the disc in a dvd player. You know, the blue menu that lets you choose the title you want to play (even though there is only one title).

Does anybody know how to make it so that the film will start playing instead of displaying this menu?

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Normally a setting on an individual DVD player as to whether to start with an opening menu or start playing the main feature - all three of my DVD players/recorders have that as a setting; when on, they all start playing all DVDs (both commercial and ones I have burnt myself) from either the main feature or the first recording.

ramjet

Banned
I never use the sony for this task , I always burn to a dvd +RW disk , copy to pc and re-author in TMPGenc dvd author by pegasys-inc before burning the final disk

in that TMPGenc menu you can set the disk to "play all tracks" or "display main menu" as required , and so the owner gets to choose what happens if a disk is inserted and autoplay is executed , so the dvd either autoplays the disk from track 1 , or displays the menu depending on my settings

F

FLM

Ok, but mine don't... And these DVDs are my own films that I want to distribute to other people so I have no control about the settings of their players. So I'd just like to get rid of the menu completely.

Broadz

Distinguished Member
I doubt you'll be able to get rid of the menu completely - the menu is what holds information for the disc regarding what is the first/main feature on the disc, what the individual programmes/recordings on the disc are called etc, and so it must exist. Without any kind of menu on a DVD disc, I doubt whether many DVD players would be able to play that disc at all.

In effect, anybody who's DVD player was set up to not autostart will always show the first menu. If the first menu doesn't exist, the disc won't be playable.

ramjet

Banned
and that is why I use a pc to re-author my disks every time , as you have more control over editing , chaptering and menus , and the autoplay

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom