1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD Recorder problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Barry_Butler, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Barry_Butler

Barry_Butler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My question is how the hell do you make it see my Pace freeview box
    I shall expand,

Current set up
    Phillips TV with two scart sockets
    Sony DVD Recorder
    Pace Freevew box

I have 1 scart lead from DVD ( Line 1) to TV on AV Channel 1
    I have the freeview box installed on Line 3 of the DVD recorder
    the aerial lead is plugged into the recorder a line comes out of the recorder to a three way splitter one line goes to the freeview box and the other continues to the TV

I can find all terestial channels on the DVD recorder but I can't find the freeview channels

Have read the book have tried everything I know

Anybody else with a simular set up give me some simple step by step instructions

TIA

2. Barry_Butler

Barry_Butler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,909
    You don't have it wired up to best advantage.
    First of all..........plug the aerial lead into the Pace Rf in socket, run a lead from the Pace Rf out to the Sony DVDR aerial in socket and run a lead from the Sony DVDR Rf out socket to the Tv aerial socket.......this takes care of the Rf signals.......the aerial's first port of call should always be the digital Freeview box.
    There are various options for the scart connections but I would take a scart from the Pace Freeview Tv out scart socket to the Sony AV2 socket.
    Run a scart from the Sony AV1 scart socket to the Tv's AV1 socket and in the setup menu for both make sure they are both set to RGB for best pic quality.
    Run a scart lead from your DVD player to the Tv's AV2 socket.
    With the Tv set to AV1 and the Pace switched on to watch or record Freeview use the Sony DVDR remote to select it's AV2 input.