Sony DVD Recorder issues - GX210

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stevecc, Aug 11, 2005.

1. stevecc

stevecc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me?
    I recently purchased a Sony GX210 DVD Recorder, and have recording issues from all sources (TV/SKY+/Handycam etc). Recording seems to work fine, but in playback, images seem to play in "frames" and is not a smooth playback...picture freezes and refreshes every 4-5 seconds, and very rarely do we get any sound. Effectively, it is unwatchable.

I posted a string on this a month or so ago, and explained that the unit is connected to Sky and TV with standard RF Cables to receive signals for recording purposes (digital connections for sound/dvd playback etc) due to space/positioning of DVD recorder on seperates stack and not with TV/cable management etc -(long story) and a number of you suggested that I scart the connections to TV and Sky to resolve the above issues. However, even when I record from our Sony Handycam using an iLINK direct connection, the playback is the same as above!?!?

Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a faulty recorder?

Anyone's help will be appreciated!