1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD Recorder compatibility

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by hughesy, Sep 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hughesy

hughesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just an article i thought PSP fans would enjoy....

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000510058413/

For the firewalled:
    Sony seems to be realizing that PSP owners are craving an easy way to load recorded TV shows onto their handheld platforms. To that end, they have just announced the RDR-AX75, a Japan-only-for-now dual-layer DVD burner with a 250GB DVR and MemoryStick Duo slot for transferring content. PSP owners who have upgraded to version 2.0 of the firmware will be able to record shows in MPEG-4 AVC format and use their MemorySticks for a fairly hassle-free transfer. Expect Sony to drop a 400GB version of this component in the near future.

:smashin:

2. StonePimp

StonePimp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heard that this is to be released Japan in November. Anyone heard anything about a UK date !?!?! My PSP is waiting patiently along with a bunch of stuff on SKY+ that needs burning !

3. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    sony have just bought out a 160gb version and are due a 250gb next month(oct) i did hear rumours about the 400gb my guess is it could be out march-april next year thats when the new products are due,we have just had our new sales cat, nothing in there yet but to be honest its not gonna be cheap the 250gb is £699 without memory slot so expect the 400gb to be at least £1000 alot of money to pay just for transfer of movies

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    I don't think it'll be cheap. Not cheap enough for when I go to uni next year anyway. Sigh :)

5. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +528
    if you have an ok PC just get MCE and MYTVTOGO , works perfectly in one click. You can do batches overnite and convert as many shows as you want then just copy to memcard