1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony dvd rec 300

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by judy, Dec 27, 2004.

1. judy

judy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    undefined
    I hope to be a newby soon and i think i will buy the entry leve sony dvd recorder. 2 questions though
    1 what is this about noise and whether it is intrusive. just how much of a problem is it
    2 when i have recorded a program to be watched and then delete. if the program has adverts can i flick past them like you can on a video? if it is a film can you delete the adverts for ever?
    as you can tell i want the recorder to replace my video and be a dvd player. i dont have a camcorder and am unlikely to ever have one. have i made a good choice in recorder. i tend to be brand faithful and have just bought a sony lcd tv hence buying a sony dvd. can you clear up my query anyone?
    jude

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I can't really comment on the Sony machines except to say they are a bit expensive. The Panasonic E55 is around £50 cheaper and considered to be among the best for picture quality and mine is pretty quiet. Others here have their own favourite machines.
    I'd recommend reading and searching this forum and you'll soon get a feel for what's available and what's good. :)

3. judy

judy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can you ff through the adverts on any machine?
    is your panny noisy?
    jude

4. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Yes all the things the VHS can do the DVD recorders generally do better.

In addition, with DVD-RAM recordings you can selectively erase part or all of a programme (or adverts) and regain that space on the disc for further recordings.

I have the E55 in a bedroom sitting in the open on top of the TV and with the TV sound turned off, I am just aware of the fan running when the unit gets warm.

I have an E60 (very similar machine) sitting behind glass doors under the main TV and I only hear slight transport noises when a DVD is first loaded and begins reading.

5. bailda

bailda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just bought the Sony GX300 last week. Not noisy at all. In fact I did not know there was a potential noise problem until I read it on here. Very happy with it so far and I also have a lot of Sony products except for the plasma which is a Pioneer.

6. okcomputer331

okcomputer331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought a sony gx300. the sound cuts in and out when i record on HQ mode and play back on another player. brought it back today and the replacement model has the exact same problem! not impressed!!!! returning tomorrow for refund!