sony DVD players distort my PJ

P

palostick

Desperate for a solution on this one...

I've got a Plus U5-112 projector which works well with my parents' Pioneer DVD player but distorts signals from my older SONy ns300 DVD player.

I thought there may have been a fault with the Sony player so tried a friend's identical ns 300 with exactly the same results.

Via S video or composite out I get pulsing lines of distortion which wreck the picture -- am I missing something. Are some SVHS signals not the same as others? Any ideas how to fix it? (it's not the lead and the signal looks fine on a TV)

thanks

Palostick

Probably macrovision. TVs typically are more forgiving of "macrovision" sync signals.

It's possible your U5 isn't or that Sony model is "worse" than others.

You can get devices that "clean" the macrovision sync saignal (basically generate a new "clean" sync signal) but you'd probably be better with a new DVD player.

:smoke:

Hi Kramer thanks for your reply -- I think I read somewhere there was a macrovision hack for the NS 300 -- worth a go?

Palostick

Originally posted by palostick
I think I read somewhere there was a macrovision hack for the NS 300 -- worth a go?

That'd be handy. We've got a "hack" section, will have a look too.

Best of luck - hope it works :smashin:

Quick google revealed:

"DVD-player Sony DVP-NS300 r1/r3/r2-Japan don,t have solderless upgrade
(Example: PDA, DESKTOP, IRC, CD - R and etc....) in
variant MULTIREGION, and NTSC and PAL-enable, and Macrovision OFF.

The modification of this player is done only through special
Sony-Data-service-cable and special firm software through plugs
On main-board (plug CN-103) and on IR-board (plug CN-405).

P.S.: NOTE - Besides, on main-board of this player it is necessary to install additional
Components for Pal-enable."

Then again, someone said:

"Just to confirm I've just used the one4all universal remote control hack on a uk spec NS300 and it worked a treat, now watching my region 1 dvds"

Some owners have enabled multiregon playback using IR hex codes on Prontos/PDAs or using universal remotes etc. Don't know if this disables macrovision though.

Not in the forums database either.

Think you'll need a little luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom