Sony DVD player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rookies, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Can anyone point me to a good dvd player that I should consider getting. i have been looking at sony as I am planning on getting a new Sony TV.

Or is there some other brand people would suggest???

As at the moment I have a pioneer and I tend to notice the layer change is a bit longer than normal.

Any comments

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would help if you told us what sort of price range you were looking at :)

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Yeah surpose you right LOL

OK well I would like to have at least 2 scart socket on the back of the dvd player aswell so i though I point this out.

Price is not really a issue with me as we get what we pay for ;) I have been looking at the Sony DVP-NS905V which i can get multiregion for around £320. So really not looking to spend more than that.

Cheers

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you'll be very happy with that player :)

I have a Sony TV (KV28LS60) and a Sony DVD player (DVP-NS300) and they complement each other perfectly. Especially as the DVD remote works the TV, and the TV remote works the DVD :D

5. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Is it NS300 or NS305 you got? Or is the 305 a new modle? Also how many scarts does it have on back the dvd player that is

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the NS300, the previous model (which is what I typed in the first place :p). The NS305 is the newer one. Same sort of thing, but a few extra features. The NS300 has one scart on the back so I expect the NS305 is the same in that department. I only need one scart as I have 3 Scart sockets on my TV, 2 of which are RGB :)

7. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Cheers for your reply mate :)

8. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    905 is a superb DVD player. Sony's are often over looked as it's trendy to hate them at the mo but they do make good players. The audio performance for CD is not as good as the older players although the 905 is supposed to be good in this area too.

Go for it.

S