Sony DVD Player for -£200

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CarlosTheJackel, Nov 27, 2002.

1. CarlosTheJackel

CarlosTheJackel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently use my PS2:rolleyes: for my DVD's and I am upgrading the rest of my HC system. Its all Sony except mission speakers (i like to keep it all the same if i can;) ) and I have very little cash left. Is there any Sony DVD player thats worth getting for under £200? RS are doing the Sony DVPNS-700 for £149 but am i better waiting and getting a better model. Its to go with a 1080 Amp and a FS76 36" TV.

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    The NS700 is a great machine @£149.

If you want to stick with Sony you definitely won't do better for that sort of money. I seem to remember reading that they were doing the NS900 a short while ago for £199?? Not sure if they still are though. If you do a search under this forum for either of the 2 you'll get a whole load of info/opinions on them so if you want to get an idea of what people think that'll probably be your best bet.

Happy Hunting :)

Kelvin. :D

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Sony DVP-NS300 and it's excellent. You can pick up a multregion DVP-NS305 now for about £110-£120, so if money's really tight you can't go much wrong there. If I recall correctly, even Amazon.co.uk now sell a multi-region version of this player!

4. FishCake

FishCake
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.avland.co.uk are selling the DVP-NS705 RCE multi-region @£199.95 with free delivery.

I'm thinking about buying one myself.

Has anyone else got this player ? If so how do you rate it ?

FishCake

5. Slime101

Slime101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 705 RCE Multi-region is also available is also avail for £199 from www.superfi.co.uk too :)

I have not got one yet but all owners i have asked are very happy with it :)

6. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 700 and for the money there is nothing to touch it IMHO. CD replay is even acceptable (sort of). SACD is great as a bonus although this is not a great implementation of it.

It's a great player and I guess the 705 is as good if not better.

Steve

7. Iam

Iam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know how the 705 compares to the Tosh SD220?

8. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    The 705, unlike the older 700, doesn't have twin scart sockets and RGB pass through. I wonder what other corners they had cut with the new player.