sony dvd changer

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by carmine, Sep 8, 2004.

1. carmine

carmine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would like to purchase a dvd changer in the uk but am having trouble finding one. i have been looking at the sony dvp-cx777es but seems to be sold in america therefore will be 110 volts region 1 and output ntsc output and not pal,does anybody know if i can buy this machine for the uk market or can i modify the american version please can anybody help me

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,477
    i think most Region 1 players are NTSC only, but you can get a 110 -> 240v convertor pretty cheap.

3. Alan Pressley

Alan Pressley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Sorry if I am butting in, but I have owned a Sony DVD changer and would not recommend one :thumbsdow

4. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,477
    Well, i wouldn't buy a Sony DVD player full stop.......just seem to have an endless problem with faults.

5. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    slightly off topic, but i had a Sony DAV-S800 and i had no problems at all with it. I only got shot of it when i upgraded my kit.

I know nothing about multi changers tho, sorry :blush:

6. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Well, I too own a Sony Player. This particular one is a very good one. colour definintion is particularly much better than my previous 2 models (panasonic and Samsung).

Although news is that the Sony players have no error correcton when playing DVD's and have the most sensitive pick up lens (romour has it you will start getting problems playing disks after a couple of years depending on it's useage). Basically what this means, is that if you are into buying asian R0 copies you may get glitches in them or may stop playing at some point whereas other players will handle them perfectly.

Oh, and I only found out about this AFTER I had bought it, but so far I am happy with mine - touch wood. !

7. Alan Pressley

Alan Pressley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had no problems with the sound and picture quality. It was the mechanics of the changer that kept getting stuck/failing to pick up discs/scratching discs/discs getting stuck etc.
    Sony said I should remove all the discs once a month and clean them so the sensor would detect them better, but removing the the discs wiped the memory.
    This meant you had to re-type the titles of the films into the menu for the discs that didnt automatically register, which was about 85% of them.

8. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,492
    Moved to DVD Players forum