1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD camcorder & pinnacle studio 9

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Grimley, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Hi folks,
    I'm helping out a friend of my dad's who has the above (he's running pinnacle on a Dell 2.4 P4 512mg ram 80gig HD) I updated for him to the latest 9.43 patch & for some strange reason it will NOT detect the USB2 connection the Sony DVD camcorder uses (Why have Sony abandoned iLink ferchrissake :confused: )
    hes able to download the content off the C/C using the Sony software but said software is a JOKE to use :devil:

He wants to able to use Pinnacle to do the whole lot (download edit & burn)

any ideas/suggestions? :lease:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    To get the video onto the PC your best bet is to put the DVD in the DVD-ROM on the PC and then find the VOB file. Copy that onto the PC HDD and rename to MPG. You should now be able to open the file within Pinnacle Studio.

Sony have not abandoned iLink (aka firewire, ieee1394, DV port) it is just that it is totally unneeded on a DVD cam. All their DV cams will still have iLink as it is the only way to transfer full quality, uncompressed video off tape.

Mark.

3. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Right, I'll try that next time I see my dad's mate - Thanks Mark :smashin: