Sony DSC-W100 in Black?

MisterEz

Novice Member
Hi,

Thinking of buying a Sony DSC-W100 as my first proper digital camera. It seems like a fairly decent buy for the price (cheapest I've found is around the £200 mark), and I've been quite impressed with some of the reviews I've read... anyone have this specific camera, or have any comments to make about it?

I've seen a black one, which I think looks nicer than the silver - trouble is, I can't find anywhere that sells it in the UK.

Can anyone help?

Ta.

Singh400

Distinguished Member
I brought a DSC-W70, and I too tried to find it in black, but no luck. Had to settle for bog-standard silver.

Not sure if the black versions of the W70 & W100 are available in the U.K.

MisterEz

Novice Member
Thanks Imcarm - quick reply there...
Only problem with that site is they import all their stock from Asia, which means you're liable for import duty. I'm trying to find a UK stockist really.

Singh400 -
I've found a couple of sites selling a black W70 - they do seem a bit more expensive than the silver versions, so I guess they're a bit rarer...

http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/xsearch.asp?RecId=SONCA608&pt=f

As I said, this is my first digital camera - guess I'm being swayed by the 8Mpixel is better than the 7Mpixel but in all honesty I'm not really sure that I'd notice much of a difference... what do you think of yours?

Thanks for the replies...

steve.o

Novice Member
There are a few other slight differences between the two models appart from the number of megapixels, for example the sensor is a bit larger on the W100 (1/1.8" compared to 1/2.5"). Also the W100 has got a broader ISO range. Take a look here.

...steve.o

Singh400

Distinguished Member
MisterEz said:
Singh400 -
I've found a couple of sites selling a black W70 - they do seem a bit more expensive than the silver versions, so I guess they're a bit rarer...

http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/xsearch.asp?RecId=SONCA608&pt=f

As I said, this is my first digital camera - guess I'm being swayed by the 8Mpixel is better than the 7Mpixel but in all honesty I'm not really sure that I'd notice much of a difference... what do you think of yours?

Thanks for the replies...
I love my DSC-W70. It's great (Y) very easy to use, each shooting mode has its own set of settings - overall I'd highly recommend it. I would have gone for the W100 but I didn't have enough cash. As I don't own a Credit Card, I had to buy in store (Argos).