1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRV 19 noisy

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by samsuka, Mar 11, 2004.

1. samsuka

samsuka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

I have just bought a Sony DRV 19 from Jessops and generally i am very happy with it, however i am quite conscious that when i turn it on i can hear a low hum.

Its probably just my paranoia but when i turned it on i expected it to be 100% silent apart from just the tape running when its recording or playing back, but there is a low hum coming from the tape compartment.

I am trying to go back to the shop and listen to one but aparently they don't have any more in stock as the new version is coming out soon.

Please can you put my mind at ease any owners, or do cameras make a small noise in general. I haven't played it back on the TV yet so not sure if it can be heard on the tape

Cheers

Sam

2. simonph

simonph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My trv33 is the same, theres a noise coming fromt the tape compartment thats quite audible even when using the lcd screen and holding it waist high