1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRU700A Dual Layer DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by klr10, Jul 22, 2004.

1. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yes I know this is the editing forum, but I'm wondering if anyone's made a film and got it onto one of these new 8.5Gb disks yet? Does it work with Premiere? How much are the blank disks, do they play in all (or most) players... etc, etc. Anyone out there got one yet? Thinking of getting one - PCWorld are flogging them for £99.99. Someone must have one....? Any views?

2. mwallan

mwallan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Dont get it from PCworld or shall we say pcRIPOFFworld try ebuyer prices are much cheaper

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    For a full review of the duel layer burners you should get yourself a copy of the latest (September 2004) issue of Computer Video Editing mag.

They have a review of 2 burners and the Sony is not the favourite and it gets low marks for its performance.

The overview of the format concludes that the disks are very incompatable in standalone players and that there are lots of problems with authoring programs that need to be sorted before they would recommend them.

Mark.

4. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Cheers for that Mark, I nearly bought one today (had one of those retail moments), I'll buy the mag instead....