1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony drc50/100 issue

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by noveed2006, Apr 1, 2003.

1. noveed2006

noveed2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the first tv i have had in 10 years so this new stuff like drc is unkown to me. From what i understand it effectively doubles the number of horizontal lines.The effect is very noticable since i have 36nx200 and the lines are quite visable from a couple of metres away when watching scenes which are light in colour. upon switching to Drc50 the improvment is jaw dropping, there goes the saying you should not buy a big tv if the viewing distance istoo close to the tv.

but heres the issue, when i switch to drc 100 the lines are back and there is no noticable difference between drc off and drc 100. If there is any change its in the refresh rate, the 100hz kicks in but no doubling of the lines.Is that the way it is supposed to be, like i have a choice double lines vs 100hz.

Should i call out an engineer/call sony support ?

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I am running a KP44 PS2 that has DRC and by far the best picture is DRC 50, it totally removes the scan lines even on a 44 inch screen. I to ca not really see a difference between 100hz and DRC 100 although to be honest because the picture is soooooooooo good on DRC 50 I have not spent any time with the other settings. If my memory serves me correct DRC 100 only line doubles vertically and not horizontally so that would expalin the inclusion of scan lines. What it dosen't explain is that we can't see any difference between 100hz and DRC 100 I will try and spend some time to anaylze. Although i expect a more knowledgeable reply from someone else soon

3. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    From what I can remember

DRC50 both doubles the vertical lines and the number of pixels on each thus you get four times the resolution but you only get 50hz frame rate

DRC100 Doubles the number of vertical lines but does not double the pixels on each. So you get twice the resolution

I also prefer drc50 , jaw dropping picture , mind you drc100 is also impressive , blows my old pb50 away . Never used plain old 100hz , well why should I when Sony’s Resolution enhancement actually works to perfection !, This is not Philips you know !

LOL !!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Know what you mean about Philips as I used to own one. Not once has my Kp44 not had the processing power to keep up. The Philips used to stutter like "Gareth Gates"