Sony - Dont Understand Them

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Rajibear, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Rajibear

Rajibear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a reason why Sony continually shoves out new TV's without component inputs and progressive scan capibility. If anyone know please reveal!! I was looking forward to the release of 32/36HQ100 but might have to go elsewhere.

Damn!!

Rajibear

2. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I assume it's because they think that only people with projectors use component input, and that their DRC-MF technology performs resolution enhancement so that, in their opinion, their sets don't need prog-scan

3. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read this some time ago, so it might not be applicable now, but when component inputs first began to appear on tv's (this was pre-progressive scan, and the inputs were interlaced only) Sony said they had no intention of putting component inputs on their European sets because RGB and component are so close in quality.

Lets hope Sony revise this policy, because this logic may have been true for interlaced inputs, but it's certainly not the case for progressive inputs.

That said, I still think their new NX300 could be worth considering over much of the opposition when (if?) it appears.

4. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,148
    On the subject of not understanding Sony - i cant figure why they havent come up with a slim picture-frame style CRT set, the same as Panasonic & Toshiba. Sony produce some the most bulky and room-unfriendly sets out there IMO.