Sony Diskman Remote works with Song HD5 Silver unit !!!!

M

Marcd51

I have just purchased a Sony HD5 unit in silver the other week and it did not have a remote for it at all. I did ask the men in Sony Centre if there was one for it and they said at the moment no I did pay £189 for the unit allot of money would have been nice to have a remote for it???

This is were I remembered that I had a remote for my Sony CD player that I brought about 2 years ago and I thought would it fit??? as if you look at the top of the HD5 unit next to the headphones it says line in ... So I took out the remote from my Sony CD Player (cost me £179 at the time) and gave it a try with out faulsing it in and guess what it fitted perfectly ....Wow I was surprised by this then I thought ha it would not work ,switched the player on and it works 100% .... Volume, Tracks back and forth and so on even the sound mode worked to change the eq setting. I did tell Sony Centre about this and they said I was very lucky with this as because of the EU regulation they do not put remotes with units just like the volume problem in which I sorted out it took me about 2mins and done thanks to a few people on this site for the hack it goes allot louder now and more power and even better sound. :thumbsup:

nice! where it says (headphone logo)/line out- thats for the 1/8" headphone jack. it can be used as a line out through the player options/audio output menu. that usb port looking thing next to it is for the remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom