1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Diskman Remote works with Song HD5 Silver unit !!!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Marcd51, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Marcd51

Marcd51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Sony HD5 unit in silver the other week and it did not have a remote for it at all. I did ask the men in Sony Centre if there was one for it and they said at the moment no I did pay £189 for the unit allot of money would have been nice to have a remote for it???

This is were I remembered that I had a remote for my Sony CD player that I brought about 2 years ago and I thought would it fit??? as if you look at the top of the HD5 unit next to the headphones it says line in ... So I took out the remote from my Sony CD Player (cost me £179 at the time) and gave it a try with out faulsing it in and guess what it fitted perfectly ....Wow I was surprised by this then I thought ha it would not work ,switched the player on and it works 100% .... Volume, Tracks back and forth and so on even the sound mode worked to change the eq setting. I did tell Sony Centre about this and they said I was very lucky with this as because of the EU regulation they do not put remotes with units just like the volume problem in which I sorted out it took me about 2mins and done thanks to a few people on this site for the hack it goes allot louder now and more power and even better sound. :thumbsup:

2. sohc

sohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nice! where it says (headphone logo)/line out- thats for the 1/8" headphone jack. it can be used as a line out through the player options/audio output menu. that usb port looking thing next to it is for the remote.

3. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    To my knowledge, all Sony remotes are compatible with the NW-HDs.