Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony Digital Video Walkmans

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Paul-r1, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Paul-r1

Paul-r1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As some of you may be aware from my previous thread about Widgets, I am now looking at purchasing a new camcorder with AV in. My question is this. Seeing as I will be using a bullet camera, would it not make sense to purchase a Sony Digital Video Walkman instead? However, it seems to me, the price of the Sony DV Video walkman with screen (GVD 800E) which is approx £800 is the same price and if not more so, than a new camcorder with AV in. So my long winded question is this. What is the point of the Digital Video Walkmans? Are they very small? I don't see how they can be if it has a 4.5" screen.
    At least with a normal camcorder I can use it without the bullet camera etc.

Anyhow.....discuss please...... :lesson: