Sony digital camera memory cards

Giraffe76

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 7 year old digital camera thats slowly dying, i have 3 memory cards to go with it,2 of which are sony cards, i also have a memory stick duo adaptor to go with them.

My question is... will i need to buy another sony camera for these memory cards to work or can i use any camera make with or without the memory stick duo adaptor?

Hope this makes sense..

Regards

If they are one of the Memory Stick versions (which I guess they are from their being for a Sony, and your mention of a MS duo adaptor) then as far as I know only Sony cameras will use them.

However, if the camera is 7 years old, chances are they are fairly small capacity by today's standards.

A reasonably spec SDHC card (as used in the majority of current cameras, if you exclude higher end DLSR) will be ~£10 for 4-8 GB, so it's probably not worth restricting yourself to a model that will take the old cards as you will probably want newer (IE larger capacity) ones anyway.

The memory cards i have are 32mb 256mb and 2gb.

Could the 2gb card be used?

You do, however make a good point about the latest cameras and the memory card sizes that are around these days...

Thank you

Yes that then limits you to a camera that will support it. I am also like you and have various Sony cards.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom