Sony Digital 8 C/C's

G

Grimley

My dad wants to buy a new camcorder to take on holiday soon
(he's dropped & broken the last two!!)
He wants to be able to play back his old Hi8 tapes & I've told him
to buy A Sony Digital 8 C/C. I've done some research & I believe all except the most basic model (TRV140) does this. Am I Correct?

Also, I've read somewhere that these C/Cs will output a digital signal to a PC via the ilink when the C/C is playing back a previously recorded analogue Hi8 tape. Is this correct too? If it does I want to be able to download all his analogue footage onto my PC & edit it via the ilink.

A good & reasonably priced online retailer recommended by anyone would be appreciated too.

many thanks.

Hi Grimley

Yes, you are right about the current Sony Digi8 range. Anything above the TRV140 will do what you want do to. I've just bought a TRV240 from Unbeatable.co.uk. I had to wait 3 weeks for stock to arrive, but at over £100 less than Dixons, Comet etc are charging, I didnt mind that too much.

I am currently copying all my old stock of 8mm and Hi-8 tapes onto my PC via theIlink/firewire connection.

Cheers
John

Thanks for the advice, I did check elsewhere & you are right.
As a result, because it inputs dv via firewire & on my recommendation, dad has bought a trv240 from unbeatable as well!
Can anyone recommend a good firewire card & video editing package?

Guess it depends on budget....
But I'd go with Pinnacle Studio 8 (it's got loads of great reviews out there too.....)

Originally posted by shoehorn
Guess it depends on budget....
But I'd go with Pinnacle Studio 8 (it's got loads of great reviews out there too.....)

You must be psychic..... bought yesterday from dabs.com after looking at a few comments on this forum!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom