• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony DH820 Sky Box and LG47lw550

Dude859

Standard Member
Hi, wonder if anyone help please, I recently bought a Sony Dh820, and a lg47lw550, running Energy take classic 5.1 speakers, here is my query.
I was wondering does the sky remote control the volume on my av, or does it control the volume on the tv, reason I ask is that I have the same setup with a Sony tv and the theatre system works well in that the sky remote can change the volume on my av without the need of a couple of remotes etc, Would hate to think I would need two remotes, or a one for all remote as I live in a house with technophobes, if it doesn't work ie sky remote control volume on av can anyone recommend a solution to same. Thanks in advance r

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If you got an all in one remote like a Logitech Harmony then it is no harder to use than the sky remote you already have. In fact it will be even simpler as it allows one button switch on of all equipment or switch between different sources. My technophobic mum and 4 year old son can use mine so they really are that simple.

djmattsims

Established Member
You can program the Sky remote to control your AV receiver. You only get very basic control of it though, you can only switch it on and control the volume.

Try these instructions:

1. Turn on the AV amplifier you wish to operate, press the TV button on the Sky Plus or Sky HD remote control.
2. Press and hold down the Select and 0 (zero) buttons on the Sky Plus or Sky HD remote control until the LED (Light Emitting Diode) blinks twice.
3. Input the 4 digit number into the Sky Plus or Sky HD remote control using the code from the list below. The LED should flash twice to confirm that the code was entered successfully.
4. Use the Left navigation button on the Sky Plus or Sky HD remote control to try and switch the AV Amplifier into standby. If the standby button works then the other AV Amplifier functions should also work and the correct code has been selected.
If all functions do not work correctly then repeat steps 1 - 3 as you would with the TV Codes. Work through all the 4 digit numbers for your amplifiers manufacturer, as listed below, until you find the code which supports all or as many of the AV Amplifier functions as possible.

The Sony code is either 1086 or 1186 or 1286 or 1786.

Hope that helps!

pedrodiniz

Standard Member
Hi guys
Can anyone help me with the optical surround sound? I have the optical lead in the sat/catv port and the hdmi cable in the sat/catv port. I've set up the optical in input on the settings. I'm
Still only getting stereo. When I connect the optical to the Tv port it picks up the Dolby surround but obviously no picture. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks
for any advice guys!
Pete

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom