• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Sony DG910 & Flight of the Phoenix

garlik_bread

I'd heard that Flight of the Phoenix has some really bassy moments that would be a good test for my sub, so i got it to rent on BD.

Watched it last night and was impressed with the workout it gave the sub, but what i did notice was this:

Alot of the dialogue in the film was quite quiet, at times i couldnt really hear what the people were saying if there was any background noise. All the sound effects, explosions, wind noises, gunshots etc. were very loud and very crisp but the dialogue was very quiet in comparison.

Setup was PS3 (DTS MA) > Sony STR-DG910 > Sony SA-VE305 5.1 Speaker system.

ab1385

You could try increasing the colume of the center speaker, but I suspect that the main problem is with the speaker itself, rather than the amp. I've had this problem a few times with cheaper speaker sets, especially smaller speakers.

garlik_bread

You could try increasing the colume of the center speaker, but I suspect that the main problem is with the speaker itself, rather than the amp. I've had this problem a few times with cheaper speaker sets, especially smaller speakers.

I see, could be my crappy home grown Cat5 centre speaker cable come loose perhaps!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom