1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony default input

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by paiger, Jan 30, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have an old Sony KV29 with two Scart sockets. I am planning to use my amp as a processor and have all items coming in through one scart. My problem is that this lead will be converted from composite and so will not send switching signals to the TV. That means whenever I turn it on it will be set to the analogue tuner and I will have to manually switch it to AV1. Is there any way of making it default to AV1 when you switch it on?

S

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,524
    assign the input to a channel number.

3. GearHead

GearHead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think the AV sockets can be assigned to channel numbers on that set. I had one a long time ago and had the same problem. I solved it by messing with the scart socket inside the TV.

Its a long time ago now so things are a bit vague, but basically one of the pins of the scart is a status pin, when the voltage goes high - the TV knows to switch to that socket.

Cant remenber the pin number, you'll have to investigate, and I think I got the voltage from the +ve supply pin from a handy IC in the vicinity of the socket. I soldered a short length of hook-up wire between the IC and the Scart socket. TV goes straight to the scart socket when switched on

Allan

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, thanks. I don't think inputs can be assigned to channels but I'll have another look through the menu. As for taking it to bits, I was thinking of the same thing but don't think I have the confidence to do it. I think the status pin also tells the TV wether the picture is wide or normal as well by alternating 6/12v.

Maybe I'll just stick with scarts from all the bits until I get my projector.

S

5. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, just had a fiddle with it. Managed to asign AV1 (RGB) to channel 5 and AV2 to channel 6. Thanks MJN, that's really helped me out.

S