Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony DCRTRV60 Impressions

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by byron_hinson, Sep 15, 2003.

1. byron_hinson

byron_hinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    I was wondering if anyone had any impressions of the Sony DCRTRV60 digital video camcorder as I am considering buying it. What is the picture quality like - mostly in regards to the 16:9 mode it offers as I would prefer to record in Widescreen. Also how does it compare to the next one up, the DCRTRV80 - any major differences apart from Bluetooth?

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    SOunds nice

3. stretcher

stretcher
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought aTRV 80 recently in preference to the 60.

Its' a little bit heavier and a slightly different shape, but for me more comfortable to handle.

Yes, it's got bluetooth, but frankly I don't ever see a need for me using it.

The main reason was the larger LCD screen - the playback controls are via the touchscreen LCD, and my fingers managed to locate the 'buttons' a lot easier on the 80 rather than the 60!

Most importantly, I can see the recorded and playback images very clearly on the larger screen - this alone (again for me) was worth the price difference.

By the way, I got it from Hi-Spek Superstore in St. Albans. I took the time out to go and visit the store although it was a long way, and was very pleasantly reassured by the clean modern store, and a guy who was very helpful and knowledgable.

It was £870, (and definitely a UK model), and I am very happy with it.

Trouble is, finding the time to learn digital video properly

Good luck with your decision

Ken:zonked: