1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCRTRV60 Impressions

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by byron_hinson, Sep 15, 2003.

1. byron_hinson

byron_hinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    I was wondering if anyone had any impressions of the Sony DCRTRV60 digital video camcorder as I am considering buying it. What is the picture quality like - mostly in regards to the 16:9 mode it offers as I would prefer to record in Widescreen. Also how does it compare to the next one up, the DCRTRV80 - any major differences apart from Bluetooth?

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    SOunds nice

3. stretcher

stretcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I bought aTRV 80 recently in preference to the 60.

Its' a little bit heavier and a slightly different shape, but for me more comfortable to handle.

Yes, it's got bluetooth, but frankly I don't ever see a need for me using it.

The main reason was the larger LCD screen - the playback controls are via the touchscreen LCD, and my fingers managed to locate the 'buttons' a lot easier on the 80 rather than the 60!

Most importantly, I can see the recorded and playback images very clearly on the larger screen - this alone (again for me) was worth the price difference.

By the way, I got it from Hi-Spek Superstore in St. Albans. I took the time out to go and visit the store although it was a long way, and was very pleasantly reassured by the clean modern store, and a guy who was very helpful and knowledgable.

It was £870, (and definitely a UK model), and I am very happy with it.

Trouble is, finding the time to learn digital video properly

Good luck with your decision

Ken:zonked: