Sony dcrpc120e help needed

T

traceyb

Hi
Ive had this camera for 18 months or so and never used it properly, Ive just returned from the edinburgh tattoo wanting to make a dvd to play in home recorder but not sure what to do. I have firewire and downloaded movie maker, managed to transfer the movie but the quality is very poor and movie maker does not give me the option of burning to dvd just cd ........ any help would be appreciated
thanks traceyb:lease:

MarkE19

If you capture your footage via firewire then the quality will be exactly the same as it is on the tape - as long as you capture the video to .AVI file format!. If you capture as .WMV or whatever other compressed formats then you will loose a lot of PQ. The down side to .AVI capture is the amount of HDD it eats up - about 1Gb for every 4 minutes, that's around 13Gb per hour.
Windows Movie Maker 2 is a great editing program for getting started, but as you have noticed you can't create any removeable discs (DVD or VCD) with it as it has no butrning options. Even the VCD version you create with it can only be played off the HDD. You can however output the final edited video as another .AVI file that can then be put into another program such as Nero to create a DVD, or the program I use is Ulead DVD MovieFactory that will cost you around £30 and can be downloaded for a free 30 day trial from Here.
If you need any further help with using Movie Maker 2 then you should find all you need to know Here.

Mark.

T

traceyb

thanks for the help, i downloaded ulead dvd movie maker 5 and successfully burnt my disc onto dvd which plays on my dvd player. thank you

Top Bottom