Sony DCRPC 330 Opinions?

J

jonrodge

I was considering purchasing this camera for making short films and also for holiday trips. Does anyone own it or can recommend it because it is quite a pricey camcorder, about £1000 most places.

The pluses are are the 3 megapixel ccd and night framing in my mind but if there is another camera you could recommend I would appreciate it.

it also has direct access to 'click to dvd' making transferring hopefully easy but I need to research this more I feel. Any opinions would be gratefull.

The 'click to dvd' only works with Sony Viso PCs and laptops. The camera itself has had enormous exposure on different threads on this site. Much of the opinion seems to slant towards the TVR80 being a better buy.
I however, have the 330 and am happy with it. Don't ask too many techincal questions of me though, I'm 'pre-novice' class at present!!

I also have a Sony DCR-PC330.
I can not recomend it to you, because I really don't know in depth other options, so I can not advice you, at all.
But I am very happy with my Sony DCR-PC330.
I use it for short films and also for Digital Photos.
With the short films, I pass them via Firewire to my DVR (Pioneer 5100), edit them, and then burn to DVD-R.
With the digital photos I do two things:
- I go to a store, aks to pass them to a "Photo CD" wich I can play in Pioneer DVR-5100;
- In my Sony DCR-PC330 I generate a film composed of still images of my photos, copy external stereo audio to it, pass it to my DVR, edit it, and burn it to DVR-R. I like very much viewing my photos in this way (images + music).
As far as I can say, Digital video quality is very good.
Digital photos quality, are OK. Probably not as good as any digital camera with 3 MP, but OK for what I want.
I really think that you must check first what kind of things you want to do with it, then check if it does what you want.
Best regards

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom