Sony DCR-TRV203 Digital8 playback artifacts fix?

niagarabc

Novice Member
Have a sony DCR-TRV203 digital8 camcorder that displays the below artifacts intermittently (every 20 seconds or so) on playback. I have cleaned the head with no major improvement. These artifacts display on the LCD display as well as via the viewfinder.
Any insight as to what the problem may be would be appreciated.
Untitled 3.png
Untitled 2.png
Untitled 1.png

MarkE19

Welcome to the forum @niagarabc :hiya:

How old are the tapes? If they were recorded a while ago it is always worth fast forwarding to the end of the tape and then rewind it. Does this help?

Were the tapes recorded on this camcorder? Where ever possible it is always best to play back a tape on the same camcorder it was recorded on, especially if recorded in LP mode.

Mark.

niagarabc

Novice Member
Welcome to the forum @niagarabc :hiya:

How old are the tapes? If they were recorded a while ago it is always worth fast forwarding to the end of the tape and then rewind it. Does this help?

Were the tapes recorded on this camcorder? Where ever possible it is always best to play back a tape on the same camcorder it was recorded on, especially if recorded in LP mode.

Mark.
Thanks, the tapes are old and not from this unit originally. Apparently it is a character generator processor fault, If I use a firewire or S-Video output I don't see the characters in the capture. Make sure you set OSD to off. My menu button does not work so I cannot set it to off but this seemed to resolve the issue of having the characters on the captured playback.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom