1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR TRV 350 alternate audio?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by srlake314, Mar 2, 2005.

1. srlake314

srlake314

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    We are trying to get the best sound possible, but the audio coming from the camera has hiss in it. Is there a possible attachment to the audio jack on the camera that could be used to help reduce the hissing sound coming from the camera?
    I know there has to be someone out there that is a whiz with equipment. 0ur only other option is to record the audio seperately using another device for digital sound and then resync it later. I dont want to do this at this point because I am unsure with what software the editor is using.
    HELP!
    Take care,
    Sean R Lake

2. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Why not plug an external mic into the mic socket?

3. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not really, the cam has an auto level adjust, so it tries to level all sounds out, if there is no ambient noise then the camera just ups the gain until it finds something to get a level from, in this case the noise of the audio gain itself...

The only real way to get round it with this cam is to record important audio seperately off camera and then synch it in the edit.