Sony DCR-PC350

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Shagga, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Shagga

Shagga
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All,
    Bought this the day before Christmas Eve to take to Disneyland, Paris for my son's 1st trip there to capture all the characters with him blah, blah. Got there Christmas Eve, video'd 10 mins on a fully charged battery and it just died and won't power up. Took it to a Sony store to test the battery and it worked fine in another camera so the camcorder's obviously up the creek. Any ideas what it could be...? Sony have at last agreed to take it back to repair it even though I'd class it as DOA.

Any thoughts

Cheers

2. El Indio

El Indio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Generally, If you buy something and it goes faulty the next day then you should seek your money back or a replacement. Notify the seller straight away to avoid argument about return period. Given the Xmas holiday, you are probably still in a reasonable return period.

Only you know what description you gave to the manufacture regarding its cause of failure. The facts: brought Dec23, stopped working on Dec24, or the facts: brought Dec23, transported it to france, used at Disneyland - (maybe giving the impression that you didnt have time to read manual regarding weather, handling etc.)

Im not suggesting you broke it, but I find it surprising that the manufacturer did not advise you to seek a replacement from the seller (given its DOA)

El

3. Shagga

Shagga
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    El Indio,
    I work for an IT reseller and bought it through distribution. Didn't mention I'd used it but there were a few other gripes that indicated I may have taken delivery of an ex-demo model. The seal was broken and date & time already set which I believe shouldn't be.
    My Sony account manager (useless) is looking into it now for me.

Cheers for the reply