1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR-IP1 or DCR-IP1E? Whats the difference?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Orsky, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Orsky

Orsky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just placed an order for an IP1E on amazon's website after kelkooing, froogling and dealtiming to find the best price (£834). After placing the order I stumbled across and IP1 that was cheaper elsewhere. Looking at the photo's it appears that the IP1E is silver and grey whereas the IP1 is all silver (see attached pics). Is this the only difference? perhaps there not different at all and just incorrect library pics? I guess the E could stand for Europe?

Anyway, any ideas welcome (sharpesh so I can cancel my Amazon order)

Thanks

Orsky

Attached Files:

2. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    i bought mine when they 1st came out mine is silver and grey i live in the uk

b careful with u money mate if in doubt phone sony direct

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    The 'E' at the end of the camcorder model number normally states that it is the model specifically for UK. Many online retailers will sell the UK model but just not specify the E, where as others will sell on Gray imports that are not the full UK spec.
    My best advise would be that if in doubt phone/e-mail the retailer and ask. If happy with their answer then order from them, but if not then play it safe and order somewhere else.

Mark.

4. Orsky

Orsky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Guys, I'll contact Misco (£499+VAT) to find out

5. Orsky

Orsky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, quick update. Spoke to Misco, confirmed UK model, ordered camera, arrived next day and all is well. Some sites are still selling this model for over a grand and the cheapest altenative I'd found was £834 so this is a superb deal at £499+vat, delivery etc (all in around £580)

Cheers

Orsky