1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR HC42E Advice

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by beduch, Mar 20, 2005.

1. beduch

beduch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am on my second camcorder my first being a Canon Hi 8 and I have just bought a new Sony DCR HC42E after a great deal of research, it was the the one with the facililities that I required and needed. ie picture quality,
    analog pass though conversion from svideo, small size, easy to use, price.
    I considered Canon and Panasonic in and above the same price bracket but kept coming back to the Sony, and after talking to my local Camera shops, and Managers in Jessops and Wilkinsons they said there preference was the Sony.
    My questions are about wind noise on recording and how to cut it down as it very audible, my Sony being no better than my old Canon Hi 8
    Also the Sony does not seem as popular as the other makes but when reading most of the Camcorder magazines it generally comes out very well indeed
    PS Jessops did a price match to the internet price £408 to within £13

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only way to cut down wind noise is to fit a 'muff' or 'sock' over the microphone - these basically consist of foam or fur material placed over the microphone.

3. beduch

beduch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wonder how you can do this on the internal microphone fitted to most Mini DV camcorders
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

4. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I believe you can get some kind of 'mini sock' that has some manner of elastic bands to hold it in place. I remember reading this somewhere (can't place where though!) Does your cam have an external mic socket? If so, you could always buy a mic with a sock. This would work very well indeed.

5. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0