1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR HC40E £269.99

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by 7up4it, Apr 17, 2005.

1. 7up4it

7up4it

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi,

Having sought advice from the more technically minded people who use this forum I am delighted to say I have purchased a Sony DCR HC40E earlier today. All I can say is "wow" what a great camcorder, I (albeit a novice) am delighted with it! does everything I would ever need and then some!
    I got it for a good price as well (£269.99) I do hope no one is going to tell me I could have got it cheaper..........

So many thanks for the advice.

John

2. hallanthony

hallanthony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    So where did you manage to pick it up for that price then? thanks tony

3. 7up4it

7up4it

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Tony,

Just happened to be in the right place at the right time, local comet (Liverpool) closing down for refurbishment & they were selling their stock off with at least 30% discount, camcorder should have been £399.99, I have seen them for £449.99 on some websites! :eek:

I hadn't gone to buy a camcorder actually looking for plasma TV which I ended up not buying :rolleyes: mind you if I time it right I might get a bargain from comet again :D

Cheers

John

4. hallanthony

hallanthony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Looks like you were one lucky...

Been pondering on the HC40, then waited for the HC42, the new model (still haven't bought that yet either) and now not sure if I should spend more on the HC90, wasn't sure if Argos had started reducing their last catalogue stock again to "5% of original price like last year...

If they were reduced my decision would have been made for me...

5. 7up4it

7up4it

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hey Tony,

Don't hesitate for too long mate, life is too short!

I currently have an old Sanyo camcorder which is still ok (which i'm now giving to my sister as hers has gone belly up) but the difference in quality between them is amazing. I took loads of advice from this forum (especially regarding noise pick up from the Canon camcorders) so the sony camcorder was my choice, the type/model I didn't really mind to be honest it just seemed to do everything I needed which included DV input, and judging by the amount being sold while I was there (All the sony's went first :) ) it was too good an offer to miss. It means I can't afford my plasma now so that will have to wait for another month or so.