1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR-HC40 A/V cable

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by bcnet, Jan 13, 2005.

1. bcnet

bcnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just purchased the Sony DCR-HC40 camera and am waiting for a bullet-cam to be delivered from rfconcepts

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/helmet_cameras.htm

so I can get some footage when I go snowboarding.

My only problem is the supplied A/V lead when connected makes the camera body very wide. I'm concerned that any pressure (ie. a fall :) ) is going to put a lot of pressure on the socket and break it. Ideally if there were a right-angle jack I could use, this would solve the problem, but so far a web search hasn't come up with anything .

The socket is a kind of semi-circle and then flat, with I think 5x2 connectors horizontally. I assume this is some kind of sony proprietary socket? Note, it's not the standard 3.5mm jack sadly.

Does anyone know where I could get this kind of connector, or if there would be anywhere I could contact to get something like this made up? Ideally I want to put the camcorder in a bag around my waist, but this jack makes the whole thing stick out about another inch.

Thanks, Bryan.