Sony DCR-HC14E won’t play or record!

J

joebmc

For some reason all of a sudden my Sony mini dv camcorder has started to play up. When you record anything all looks like its going well in the view finder but when you go to playing the recording back all there is a is a blue screen, even the timeline(?) just comes up as “--.--.--“ as if it’s a blank tape. Any ideas what’s gone wrong?

Hi

at first I thought about the Known CCD problem ...

http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowArti...ection=3&article=1128075116465&site=odw_en_GB

BUT ...

I realized afterwards that you really see the image in your LCD while recording ... right?

So there is a second chance , a possible head clog . Take a cleaning DV tape and use it for just a few seconds

maybe it works!

good luck!:thumbsup:

Yeah, i read about that known ccd problem when trying to research my problem. Unfortunatley (or fortunately) this is not the issue as i can indeed see the image while recording.

I'll give you suggestion a try, all i have to do is get my hands on a cleaning DV tape.

Thanks

:thumbsup: bingo!!!
I'm glad you managed to get it work... :smashin:

Once I had the same problem ... don't panic I told myself... I didn't have with me a cleaning cassette, so I took a standard MiniDV tape and let it go a bit Forward in Search mode... it worked as well!

I suppose this helped to bring away dust and other rubbish from the tape heads of my camera ...

To prevent analog problems in the future, it's better to choose one kind (brand) of miniDV tapes and stick with it ... in other words, dont mix different tapes

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom