1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR-HC14E Problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by anthmoo, Jun 3, 2005.

1. anthmoo

anthmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Sony DCR-HC14E in March and just today it's been giving me problems. I think it started when it fell over and hit me on the head while it was on its tripod but I mean it wasn't much of a fall and I caught it before it could fall on the floor.

I didn't notice anything at first and continued to record my little project but then when i tried to play back my video recording, it wasn't there - it didn't record even though it said it did. I rewound the tape and went to play and all I got when I tried to play it back was the blue screen. To make sure it wasn't a faulty tape, I inserted another DV tape and I got the same problem and then it started playing back but with grey lines across the horizontal of the screen. I put in the other tape and found the same problem but once it tracked the poisition of the tape (when the blue screen occoured it showed '-:--:--:--' in the top right instead of something like '0:04:53:12') it showed those grey lines. Sometimes those grey lines appear to pixelate out and at other times the grey lines are actually lines of a section of the video. Check the attatchment to see an example of what it looks like. Please help though, thankyou.

Attached Files: