1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sONY DCR HC 42E -won't down load from stick

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Blue Mang, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Blue Mang

Blue Mang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have have a gleaming new sony dcr hc 42e, which will connect up and stream images, as in movies, but won't allow me to down load the photos off the memory stick. It did, once. But not any more. Any one any idea why not? :)

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A little bit of information on what equipment you are using may help - but normally to get still images off the memory stick you would use a USB connection instead of the firewire you use for movies - you may also need to install the Sony software which should have been supplied on a disc with your camcorder

3. Blue Mang

Blue Mang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah yes - new to all this so dunno what I'm doing.... using USB, with XP, and down loaded the picture package rubbish sony gives you from the cd. It worked before, as in I got some pictures and a little movie off the memory stick, and now, nada.
    All your tips very very welcome. Also, I gave up with picture package and am using XP's movie maker which was working fine and dandy and now.... all the movie images are distorted. Not just from a new tape I have just recorded, but from older tapes that have been "streamed" and captured clear as a bell.
    Thanks!