1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sONY DCR HC 42E image pixelated when captured

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Blue Mang, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Blue Mang

Blue Mang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been streaming and capturing from the camcorder using usb, and using movie maker with xp and now suddenly the image comes out much darker than the image on the camera and pixelated. It's not just the new tape I have recorded, but other tapes that have already been used and have "captured". As far as I know I hadn't changed any settings.
    Thanks for any help :)

2. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

To get the best quality use FIREWIRE (i-Link, IEEE1394) and not USB to capture video.

I think there is something about this in your Sony manual.

Regards

DigiStuff

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    As DigiStuff has said you really do need to use firewire to capture video from a camcorder. USB is not up to the job and will give lower quality (by a fair bit) than is possible from firewire. A firewire card and cable to connect the cam to the port should only cost you around £10 online, so not a huge investment required. Or you may be lucky and already have firewire on the mother board of your PC and therefore only need the cable.
    Once connected via firewire Movie Maker will then be able to control the cam, making life much easier when captureing or even copying back to the cam if the cam has this ability (DV-in enabled).

Mark.

4. Blue Mang

Blue Mang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, got the message - firewire it is. But still - one day it works next day it doesn't. Is that what you pay your 600€s for? :eek: