Sony Dcr-dvd110 - Please Help With Memory Stick

peteatvivs

Standard Member
When trying to use a memory stick, instead of DVD, in my Sony DCR-DVD110 I get an error message saying it is unlikely to record properly. However, it records perfectly but message won't go away and continues to bleep! I've now tried 3 different sticks but all produce the same problem. Anybody out there know how to fix?? Pete

Are you using proper sony memorysticks in accordance with the spec and formatting as described?

I'm getting a similar message using Memorex/JVC dvd's, but they record fine anyway. Sony seems to build in some test on how the media identifies itself....

peteatvivs

Standard Member
Are you using proper sony memorysticks in accordance with the spec and formatting as described?

I'm getting a similar message using Memorex/JVC dvd's, but they record fine anyway. Sony seems to build in some test on how the media identifies itself....

Thanks dejongi, sticks were sold as genuine Sony, but who know?!

JH4

I had the same problem with Sony memory sticks on a Sony TG3E HD camcorder. The solution is to make sure you buy the MARK 2 version. Although the Sony manual says that both types should work, (and they seem to, albeit with that error message you quoted), the Mark 2 are specifically rated for the higher writing speed AVCHD use - according to the web site >>

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08010805sony16gbmsproduo.asp

rockyglw

Novice Member
I had the same problem with both Lexar and Sony memory sticks with my HDR SR10E. Both sticks were fake. Appeared to work correctly but would only record for a limited time. Also got the error messages and bleeping. Used 4gb Sony and San-disk pro duos the came in retail packaging and had no problems. The Fake sticks came from Amazon
marketplace and did not have full retail packaging. There are a lot of fakes around!

NCS

Standard Member
Same here guys.

My SR12E (just new) gives similar error when I try recording photos...' may not record or play image...' or somthing in the same line. It however does record and playback. No such error message on PSP or other Sony Cybershot.

I wondered if it is the fault of the camera. I guess mine is also a fake one tho' the 'stick' looks very identical. Bought it off ebay (makes it more likely)

Cheers.

NCS

Standard Member
I don't mind using the Non-Sony MS, but it takes about 2-3 second for that annoying warning message to go away from the screen.

I wonder if there is any way to disable this message??? I guess not it being Sony.

BTW found this website telling how to differentiate the fake MS. I guess PSP test is the most reliable one.

Seems like Sony are well aware of the problem throughout the world!

Last edited:

redsox_mark

Novice Member
I don't think there is any way to stop it.

It's worse with batteries; if it can detect the battery is non-Sony it will refuse to work at all! The 3rd party battery manufacturers keep coming up with ways to work around this though.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom