1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR 109 capture problems

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by paulhsti, Dec 22, 2004.

1. paulhsti

paulhsti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got this Sony recently as recommended by which magazine. However downloading tape video to pc was rubbish. Tried to use the "picture package" software provided and after many false starts finally got the burn to VCD to work which took ages and resulted in two segments? Of really crap quality. Ok I used the USB cable as no firewire cable is supplied but still it was rubbish and there seems no easy way to simply get the video onto the hard disc to do something with it.

I have ordered Pinical 9 plus software and a 4 to 6 pin firewire cable but have no firewire connection on the pc - I thought about a belkin firewire card from Amazon.co etc.???
    Any other ideas or experience of this camcorder and downloads??
    Disappointed with Sony at this point
    help :lease:

2. keefer

keefer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been lurking for a while but wanted to repeat the question asked above.

Has anyone got the burn DVD button on a Sony Handycam to actually burn a dvd properly.

I can rip off a video and do it all DIY myself if needed but its not my camera, my parents need this button to ever have a chance of seing their films anywhere but the very small screen.

I tested it out for them and got the burn VCD button to work, it burnt off a 6 minute clip to CD. The CD when played on a DVD player gives a green solid screen with ok audio.
    The Burn DVD button is shaded out even when the camera is connected via firewire.

I have burnt a perfect DVD myself manually (not easily) but this automatic feature wont work for love nor money. Anyone had a similar experience or heard of someone who has? :lease:

3. John103175

John103175
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John here Paul,...I have a Sony DCR PC 109E...I loved it until it failed to recognise the fire wire cable. You MUST get a fire wire card for your computer, the modern computers have one. It also depends what you want to do with your footage....I worship Pinnacle, but, they couldn't help me with something I needed badly. I will not be buying their product again. However, for editing purposes, I think they are the best. But I haven't tried them all. I now have a Samsung DVD Recorder & VCR DVD-VR320. This accepts AV and DV footage direct to DVD or VHS.The editing is the problem....But I think you can edit the footage using Pinnacle, then send it back to the camcorder... then send it to the DVD/VHS recorder....It's complicated.....best of luck...JS