1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DC "Two Pronged" Power Plug

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by colinfor, Jun 13, 2004.

1. colinfor

colinfor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone shed any light ? I have recently bought a Sony DCR TRV 265E. As with many other Sony Camcorders they use this funny little two prong DC plug that connects directly to the camcorder to facilitate mains power or charging the battery.

Always wanting more :blush: I wish to power my camcorder with an alternative DC source, but cant find one of these plugs anywhere. Buying a seperate ac adaptor just to hack the plug off seems a bit excessive.

My intention is to power the camera from several sources:

Car (via cig lighter)
    Sealed Lead Acid
    5 Std D type batteries
    6 Ni-Cad's

I have built an 8V dc regulator into an old walkman cigarette lighter power plug which will give me 8V from the car or from the 12v sealed lead acid. 5 Std D's will give me 7.5 volts and 6 Ni-CAD's 7.2 volts.

The limiting factor however is the power plug. So has anyone been this route before ? I have searched the WWW but cant find one. My last resort is to cut the plug off my current cable and insert an inline connector so that I can use it for each of the apps above. However I would prefer not to invalidate the warranty and find a spare.

Please Help !

TIA

2. colinfor

colinfor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it helps anyone aid my enquiry, the Part No of the AC adaptor is AC-L15A. I have found instances of this adaptor in the US but the cost to buy & ship make it unpractical. From these sources I notice that the application list for these adaptors is huge. It would seem that they are used on the entire Sony DCR, CCD, MVC, DSC and DSR range.

So surely, someone has encountered this before. Alternatively if anyone has a faulty adaptor, then consider giving it (or selling it) to me.

Colin