1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DB930 - Video Input/Output. Is it worth doing??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Tupo, Apr 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Tupo

Tupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    As title.

I have had my "baby" since they were 1st launched in 99' and I have always been impressed :thumbsup:

But one thing I have never used it for is video input/output. Not even really sure what to expect really.

Things I could realistically hook up are video, gamecube, satelite, and DVD player.

Would I get a better picture or....???? Not sure I get the point of it all... :lease:
    HELP!

2. jrturbo

jrturbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

If my memory serves me correctly the sony only has composite video inputs and outputs and this provides the lowest quality signal to your TV or screen.
    You would be better of using direct RGB leads from the DVD and Satelite reciever, your VHS machine will only output composite video probably, If not certain try it for youself But I think you will be disapointed with the results.

Regards

Joe Rubido

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    The only reason to put the video through your AV receiver is to allow you to connect more devices to the screen than it has inputs. If everything is currently connected then stay as you are as the receiver will offer no quality improvements. If anything adding an additional link into the chain will cause a drop in picture quality, along with needing at least one extra cable.

Mark.

4. Tupo

Tupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Cheers 4 your help guys.... :smashin:

Thats that sorted then :clap:

My baby stays as it is.