1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAVS888 vs. HTP-1900 vs. Panasonic SC-HT900

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by mantooth, Oct 13, 2003.

1. mantooth

mantooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

My friend is looking at getting new system. He's not up to going the separates route, so he's looking at the all-in-ones. He's been looking at the Sony DAVS888 and the HTP-1900. He can get the DAVS888 multi-region for 500. The HTP-1900 is only region 2 and it's around 700. What's the difference between the two to warrant such a price gap?

Also, in helping him research, I've seen the Panasonic SC-HT900 for around 430. Compared to the DAVS888, it seems like it's pretty much up in the air. Any more thoughts as to which to go for when the price is pretty close? The Panasonic is 430 from Techtronics and the Sony is 499 from Richer Sounds.

Thanks for your suggestions! This forum has already been a big help.

Jeff

2. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you do a search you will find several favourable comments about the SC-HT900 (most from me) I have owned the system for about a month or so I chose it over the DAVS 888 as it better value. It looks equally good and is more powerful has similar facilities but offers greater flexibilty in outputs/inputs etc.
    Check out this review aswell. The 900 also has a 5 stars out of five review in a group test in the current issue of What Home Cinema & Television (I think this is the name of the mag ...you can find it in WH Smiths it has a blue cover)

http://www.hometheatermag.com/allinonehometheatersystems/181/

I trust this will help convince you