1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAVS880 composite/svideo

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by steve4852, Jan 2, 2003.

1. steve4852

steve4852

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a sony DAVS880 and i am trying to set it up.

I have an svideo to scart connecting my amp to the tv , and i want to connect my sky box to the amp using the composite video connections , scart (sky) to 3 phono (amp).

I seem to remember if you are using s-video out , it will not show any composite in. Is that correct?

Would i need another phono (amp) to scart (tv) from the monitor out on the amp to be able to view my composite connections in?

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Are you short of scarts on your television ?
    Why not have RGB Sky to your tv, with an audio only interconnect to your DAV.
    Leaving S-Video as normal from DAV to tv for DVD replay.

3. steve4852

steve4852

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I only have 2 scarts on my TV and 3 scart connections , Sky , Video , DVD.
    I do have an s-video connection , but that is at the front of the TV and i cannot have cables at the front.

I could as you suggest have sky (RGB) into AV1 (RGB) and the DVD into AV2(S-Video) , but then no scart'ed video connection. Unless i buy a scart doubler.

If i went this route would i just then have normal phono leads from sky/video into the amp's video1 and video2 sockets?

Alternatively, i wanted to use my amp as video switching , utilising the composite in connections on the amp for video 1 and video 2.
    The question was if i did this will i get this picture from the s-video out , or would i need to utilise the normal monitor out? :confused:

4. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Why dont you plug the video into the second scart socket on the Sky Digibox, then take the audio outs from the Sky box to the DAV, then you will get Sky in RGB quality, Video in composite but stereo and also through DAV unit and obviously leave the DAV in Scart 2.

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Can't answer that question, but bobble's idea is good too.
    Try ringing Sony on 08705 111999.