• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony DAVS550 stuck in "Auto Dec" intermittently

32ZP38b TOSH

Hi all,

First thread on the forum, so apologies if I miss some data out.

I have a Sony DAVS550 "all in one system", which I have a problem with.

I do not leave the system switched on all the time, but switch it on via the main on/off switch on the face of the system.

Intermittently (probably 50% of the time), when I switch the system on, I get the "DAVS 550" displayed first, followed by "auto dec" - and it stays there.

When this happens, I get no visual output from the S Vid output.

To fix this temporarily, I switch the unit off then on again until I get normal operation - normally one cycle will fix it.

In normal operation after the "auto dec", the display goes to "ready" and all works OK.

Any suggestions? I have tried leaving a disk installed and that does not seem to make any difference either.

Many thanks.

jatt

I'm know expert in electronics but the problem might have occurred by you switching the machine of from the mains this method is not recommended to do every time you want to use it, it its like a mini power surge which sometimes can cause damage to sensitive electronic components i had a amp which i use to switch from the mains eventually it blew the power supply unit inside the amp. I have a sony Dav's s888 always left it on standby had it for nearly 4 years no problems in fact Ive always left most of my appliances on standby accept the TV which i switch from the main switch on the TV. Ive never switched any of my appliances from the mains as i believe it causes more damage.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom