1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAVS500

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by randallnhopkirk, Jun 30, 2005.

1. randallnhopkirk

randallnhopkirk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A friend of mine has one of these integrated surround sound processor with DVD but now wants to purchase a separate DVD player to benefit from progressive component output.

I'd like to check the audio interconnect options between a potential new DVD player and the Sony DAVS500. The spec sheet on the DAVS500 says it has optical digital in, so presumably this is simply cabled to an optical output on the AN Other brand DVD player? Somewhat confusingly my friend swears blind the optical input on the back of the DAVS500 is labelled as a video input - surely not?

While I'm here - any recommendations on a good DVD player offering component progressive and optical audio out at around the £100 - £120 mark? Thanks all.

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Think you'll have more luck in the relevant section than here in the power amps/processors area...moved to the all-in-one systems forum.

3. randallnhopkirk

randallnhopkirk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0