1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAVS300

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by scrappy, Dec 22, 2004.

1. scrappy

scrappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, am new to site and would like some advice please. I have just bought an Arcam AVR200 reciever and am currently upgrading my stereo into surround sound, I have bought a centre to match the fronts and will be buying the rears and sub as funds allow. I will also be buying a new DVD player( possibly universal) but until then I want to use the Sony DAVS300 through the AVR200 to utilize the extra power, my question is how do I connect it as the sony kit does not have a digital output.All answers gratefully recieved.
    Thanks.

2. watchmaker

watchmaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Unfortunately the DAVS-300 doesn't seem to offer any upgrade path. See -> http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96862

In answer to my question at the end of the attached thread, I recently got a DVD writer and the DAVS-300 plays all the DVD + and -, R and RW I've tried.

So it's a good option for a second player if you're considering getting a DVD recorder.

Let us know if you have any luck upgrading!