Sony DAVs300 or Denon AVF-100?????

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by raul69, Mar 20, 2001.

1. raul69

raul69
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy a home cinema package and have narrowed it down to the two above.

What are the pros and cons to be had with them??

I know the Denon sound is AMAZING but i have heard that the DVD player is not very good???

Any feedback and ideas would be much appreciated

2. Max147

Max147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Sony DAV-S300 and it sounds great. It might be a bit limited if you have a really large room. However in my living room it is fine. The maximum volume is 35 and I have only been able to get it to 22 without being deafened.

The picture quality is very good as well.

3. monitor

monitor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have then denon avf100 system.the sound is awesome and you donot have great big speakers every where it was ideal for what i wanted and kept the girlfriend happy as it hasn,t taken over my living room .
    i already had a philips 958 dvd and was looking to buy just the speakers and amp on its own but denon would not do this. i found a shop that would but they wanted £850 for them .So i got the full lot for £999 from hi fi bitz . ihave a philips tv/video/dvd . so i kept my philips dvd and sold the denon dvdplayer to my mate for £200 what a bargin he got and on his tosh 40" rptv the picture is excellent. i got what i wanted a small silver excellent home cinema sound system and my mate got a bl**dy good cheap dvd player

4. monitor

monitor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have then denon avf100 system.the sound is awesome and you donot have great big speakers every where it was ideal for what i wanted and kept the girlfriend happy as it hasn,t taken over my living room .
    i already had a philips 958 dvd and was looking to buy just the speakers and amp on its own but denon would not do this. i found a shop that would but they wanted £850 for them .So i got the full lot for £999 from hi fi bitz . ihave a philips tv/video/dvd . so i kept my philips dvd and sold the denon dvdplayer to my mate for £200 what a bargin he got and on his tosh 40" rptv the picture is excellent. i got what i wanted a small silver excellent home cinema sound system and my mate got a bl**dy good cheap dvd player

5. monitor

monitor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    get the avf100 it rocks

6. raul69

raul69
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replies

Monitor, is the Denon dvd player that comes in the AVF-100 any good (the f-100)??

I was thinking of just buying the speakers and amp on their own and buying a different dvd player. but if the Denon one is good i will stick with it.(I haven't heard any reviews on it but i got a reply from a website saying that Denon dvd players aren't very good????)

Shame i didn't know you when you were selling the dvd player, i am well jealous of your mate!!! lol