1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAVS 880

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by marco_79, Mar 1, 2005.

1. marco_79

marco_79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have recently picked up a DAVS880 and have a couple of questions you clever people maybe able to help me with.

1. How do I get it to play music cds through all the speakers at the same time at the moment it only comes through the front ones.

2. My machine always says game on the LCD display- what does that mean.

3. Can i plug an ipod into it and play the music through the speakers.

Thanks for any help

Marco

2. ns1col

ns1col

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have the DAVS888 model so I hope this helps. I am assuming you have the original control here.

1.Press the sound field button which is on the right hand side about 2/3 of the way up on the remote control. This will change from 2 channel to various different sound options.

2.See answer 1 as this is a sound option for playing games and will change when you press the button.

3. If the ipod can output music via a digital optical cable then yes, but i'm sure an ipod can't.

I think the only difference between my model and yours is that i have a powered subwoofer. Nice piece of kit.

Colin.

3. marco_79

marco_79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Colin great info

I have a mate who plugs his ipod into his hifi using a standard red and white audio cable, obviously with a connection for the ipod at the other end, i know there are these connections in the back of the DAVS880 because thats how the sky box is connected to the system. Was wondering if it possible to do this.