Sony DAVS 550

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by GeordieKeith, Dec 17, 2002.

1. GeordieKeith

GeordieKeith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help needed, I am about to pickup a DAVS from Richer Sounds for £443 which I think is a good price (price matched from their own site). I have just noticed that they will price match other sites.

Has anyone see any other sites where it is cheaper.

Also who knows where the best price is for the DAVS800 (or the one with the speakers on the stands) as if I can get a good price I may opt for this version.

Thanks in advance

Keith

2. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want multiregion try SuperFi, The shop here in Sheffield price matched their website price..... £484. And their customer service is 2nd to none (the shop that is, can't vouch for the website).
    Have Richer sounds got one? I was strung along for ages by them saying 'we're getting some next week'.

3. GeordieKeith

GeordieKeith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just picked up my DAVS550 but I now need the speaker stands. Has anyone seen them cheaper than £69.99 anywhere?

Thanks.

4. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I put my speakers on the wall using cheapo brackets from Argos, and they're fine.

5. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    am getting a DAV 550 delivered with TV and VCR on Thurs 2/1/02.

Could you tell me what you think of yours, and how you have set it out in your room.

BTW bit late perhaps, but Argos are selling Alpheson SS20 stands @ £35 / pair.

Cheers

Derek

6. GeordieKeith

GeordieKeith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Derek,

Although I have a DAV550 I still have not even opened the box. I am moving soon so I have decided to keep it until I move (same with the KV32FX66 I have just bought). Its killing me having to wait!!:mad:

The majority of reviews of the 550 have been good that is why I bought it. Sorry I can't be of more help, I am sure you will be able to find the information from the people on the site, and I will keep my eye out because I will be the in the same position soon.

You lucky sod, I have to wait another 3 months!!!

Keith.

7. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Keith,
    thanks for the reply.

I will let you know what i think if it's any interest.

Am getting a KV32FQ75 with the DAVS 550.
    My first choice was a KV32FX66 however, i got this set at £755 with a 3 yr P+L G'tee from the LEEDS Sony Centre with new stand, and just could not ignore it.
    I have seen all the reviews of the FQ75 (half good half bad) and still decided to give it a go.

If it's a lemon, i will stump up the extra for the FX66.

Good Luck with the move, and will post a thought on the DAV 550

Cheers

Derek

8. cadmeister

cadmeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a DAVS550 for £469 inc delivery from Krish AV. Delivered next day. I'm over the moon with it. Great soiund and fantastic image via component.